Thursday, April 24, 2014

Elizabeth's 3 year and David's 18 month check-up!

We headed to the doctor April 15 for both kiddos well-child check-ups. I took them by themselves, and they did very well!

Elizabeth
At 3 years old, Elizabeth weighed 28 pounds 4 ounces (23%) and was 2 feet 11.25 inches (11%).



David
At 18 months, David weight 25 pounds 4 ounces (66%) and was 2 feet 9.75 inches (90%)



So, to sum it up, David is only 3 pounds less and 1 1/2 inches shorter than Elizabeth. I have a feeling he might catch up to her sooner rather than later!

Unfortunately for everyone, both David and Elizabeth had to get shots. They both cried, but sweet Elizabeth was so confused why the nurse hurt her. She kept saying, "she hurt me," and "why did she hurt me?" over and over again.

I decided to take the kiddos to DoubleDave's after shots and while there I talked by text to my mom. When Elizabeth asked who/why I was talking to someone I told her Gammie was checking up on her. She immediately started crying and asking why the nurse hurt her again. She finally calmed down and I thought we were done with the drama. Not so much...

Thirty minutes before Alan got home Miss E was running around playing outside. Well, as soon as Daddy came home, she sat on the couch and started complaining about the nurse that hurt her and with the fact that her leg hurt. She said she couldn't walk and started limping around. Elizabeth even went so far as to say she couldn't walk to the dinner table. Daddy, however, picked her up and carried her. She continued to limp throughout the evening (with sporadic normal walking thrown in) and being dramatic. Elizabeth sure keeps us laughing and on our toes!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, the limping around is cracking me up! :) Madelyn has faked injuries in the past too. They are so clever when they want to be!

    ReplyDelete