Thursday, August 15, 2013

Potty Training Miss E

On Monday, I decided to take the plunge and begin potty training Elizabeth. Let me preface this by saying that I read NO books, just did what I thought and what I'd heard worked with other parents. Here is a play by play of what happened each day, Monday through Wednesday...

Monday

We started Monday out by wearing our new Minnie Mouse panties. Elizabeth was sooo excited to wear them, but quickly had her first accident. After having 5 accidents (and one of those wasn't just urine...) and no successes (despite pushing liquids and sitting on the potty every 15-20 minutes), I resorted to putting her in a pull-up for the rest of the day. She was ok with that, thank goodness, but I was just too tired of cleaning up the floor to do it any more...

Panties of choice


I normally let her play in her room while I nurse
D and/or put him down for nap, but I didn't want
to chance any accidents, so I laid our her napmat
and pillow and she watched a movie while I
was with David



Tuesday

Tuesday morning I told myself that I was giving her one more day, and if it went like Monday, Elizabeth just wasn't ready and we'd try again at a later date. I sat her on the potty with a sucker that morning. She didn't tinkle that time, but a couple hours later she had her first success! We ended the day with 5 successes, only two extremely MINOR accidents, and waking up from her nap with a dry pull-up! I was sooo proud of her! We took her to Bahama Bucks to celebrate with a yummy snow cone.

I let Elizabeth walk around naked all day, hoping that would help, and while it did, I also think it created a monster... Now almost as soon as I get her dressed, she completely undresses herself. Good thing she has a cute little hiney. ;)

The sucker that started
it all!


Wednesday

We started the day off with a bang... Elizabeth pooped in the potty, all on her own!! She then went several hours without doing anything, despite sitting on the potty every 30ish minutes. She had another very minor accident, but was able to stop herself and finish in the potty a little later. Elizabeth didn't stay dry after her nap, but that was my fault this time. She woke up after a 45 minute nap and I let her play for about 20 minutes. Next time, I'll have her potty when she wakes up then send her back to her room to play for a while longer (Mommy needs a little longer than 45 minutes to recharge...). The afternoon progressed and we ended the night with two more mini-accidents followed by two successes on the potty!

I definitely don't think she's all the way there yet, but I do know that she loves to run around naked and she knows you "don't teetee on the floor, you teetee on the potty." :) She's a smart girl and I can't wait to see how quickly she's in panties all the time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! :) Madelyn will only sit on the potty and that's it. Haha We'll try eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your little girl she has a sexy butt and that id love to force every inch straight up her beautiful butthole

    ReplyDelete