Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Best Birthday... Ever!

Well, Alan outdid himself this year for my birthday! On my actual birthday (last Saturday), Alan took me out for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner (diet... what diet!?! haha). We went to Chick-fil-a for breakfast, Spring Creek BBQ (my favorite bbq place) for lunch, and then P.F. Changs for dinner. At P.F. Changs we tried lettuce wraps for the first time... They were probably the best thing I've ever put into my mouth. SOOO yummy! I wish I had discovered them sooner, but I'm thankful that I know what to get there now. :) Alan also took me shopping at my favorite store, the Ann Taylor outlet. I got some super cute dresses! I have a feeling that I'm going to be living in dresses this summer. I'd much rather wear a cotton dress than jeans/shorts and a top any day!

Fast forward to Monday... We had already sold my first car, the Xterra, a couple of days before and Alan wanted to get rid of our baby car, the Scion XD, so I'd have a more reliable SUV for driving in the Houston traffic. We drove down to College Station to visit the Toyota dealership with a car and price in mind, and if we couldn't get that, then we'd just wait until the next vehicle sale was on. Needless to say, I walked out with the best "belated" birthday present ever... a 2010 Toyota Highlander!! It is the most beautiful car I have ever seen! Haha. It has leather seats, a moon roof, and a back-up camera to make sure that I don't back into anything (I've run into a telephone pole and a garage door when I was in high school...). Now, enough talking... On to the pictures. :)

The color is "magnetic gray"



What a wonderful weekend! I hope that everyone had a blessed Memorial Day. I'm thankful for all those that keep America a safe country!


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! Love your new car, the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I ever told you, but your picture on the top of your blog is AWESOME! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete