Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Job Hunting

Well, if you know me IRL, you might be shocked to hear this, but I have bitten the bullet and decided to apply for teaching jobs in the public school. This change of heart was a long time coming was very abrupt, and I have to admit that I am still shocked, myself. However, I am very excited about the prospect and hope and pray that I didn't wait to late to submit my application.

It all started Saturday afternoon. I had just driven to College Station to go to a baby shower for one of our good friends from church (whose husband grew up in DeKalb, TX for those that know the area... such a SMALL world!). While I was there, I was still adamant about only teaching in a preschool. Little did I know, though, that this would change all too soon.

To make a long story short, Alan and I went to dinner that evening at The Cheesecake Factory, my favorite, and on the way home we just talked about preschool vs. public. At this point in our life, it just makes more sense for me to be in public education. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep Saturday night and began researching and applying for various school districts around our house. As of today I have completed and submitted applications to three different districts and debating whether or not to submit an application to the fourth four different districts. Hopefully I haven't waited too long to submit my application.

I would value your prayers as we begin this new phase in our lives. Hopefully I will soon be able to tell y'all that I have a position in a local elementary school (preferably pre-K through second grade, although I won't turn away any position).





1 comment:

  1. been there, friend!! praying for you to find the perfect spot!!!

    ReplyDelete