Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving (and Christmas time)!!

So it's no secret to most who know me that I love Christmas! If I could listen to Christmas music all the time, I would! Shortly before Thanksgiving each year I am ready to put up my decorations. If I had my way, our Christmas tree would've gone up November 7 or 14. Alan, however, did not agree with me on this one, so I had to compromise. I put our nativity set out November 7 and waited to put the Christmas tree up on the 21. It is looking good! We still need more ornaments (most of them are the ball kinds, but I'm a big fan of the Willow Tree Angel ornaments and any other "fun" ornaments) and a tree topper, but that will have to wait until next year. I'm down to only one more present to buy and only a couple more to wrap. However, I do know the present that hasn't been purchased yet, which I didn't know even a couple days ago.

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year! I got to see my favorite nieces and nephew! We were all at Alan's parents house, which was a lot of fun! I didn't get too much sleep, though, but who wants to sleep when you can play with a 4 year old, 18 month old, and 9 month old? I had a blast playing with them and can't wait to start our family some day!

Only 2 more weeks until Christmas break for us! We're headed to Abilene for a week then off to spend Christmas with my parents in Texarkana! I'll get to stain some when we're in Abilene! Alan is going to re-do some cabinets for his parents, and since I can't help with that, I'll help with staining. Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy staining. :)

P.S. We might have some exciting news in the next couple of weeks... You'll just have to stay tuned to find out more. :)

1 comment: